Each year, hundreds of Staten Island and New York City-area students compete for the Staten Island Academy William Winter Scholarships, which include admission to the Academy and scholarship assistance.
- The Program is open to students who will be entering Grade 6 or Grade 9 the following September.
- New student applicants and current Staten Island Academy students are eligible to participate.
- Awards are based on an examination, school transcripts, teacher recommendations, and a personal interview.
- The awards are not based on financial need. They are scholarship awards and do not need to be repaid.
- Step 1: Complete the William Winter Scholarship Application
- Step 2: Attend a William Winter Scholarship Open House
- Step 3: Register for the William Winter Exam (ISEE Test)
Deadline: October 28, 2016
Apply for a William Winter Scholarship online or download, print, complete, and return the Application, Application Addendum, and a graded writing sample from an English or history class assignment along with the $25 application fee to the Admissions Office.
|Staten Island Academy
715 Todt Hill Road
Staten Island, NY 10304
The application deadline has passed.
Forms are available in September each year.
Tuesday, October 11 at 9:30 AM
William Winter Scholarship Open House for Students entering Grade 6 or 9
Thursday, October 13 at 7:00 PM
William Winter Scholarship Open House for Students entering Grade 6
Tuesday, October 18 at 7:00 PM
William Winter Scholarship Open House for Students entering Grade 9
Saturday, November 19 at 8:30 AM
William Winter Scholarship Exam for Students entering Grade 6 or 9
Test Date: Saturday, Nov. 19, 2016 @ 8:30 am (Pre-Test Registration) in Kearns Hall
Register at: http://www.iseetest.org/
Please note there is a fee for taking the exam. You must register for the test directly with the ERB Office.
If registering online, use Invitation Code: E2XCFA6X
Staten Island Academy’s school code: 335400